April 14, 2010

Mr. Cutty

Yes, I've had my lawnmower less than 24 hours and he already has a name, introducing Mr. Cutty.


Mr. Cutty successfully attacked the front yard before having his picture taken on the (yet to be cut) back yard.  It is so cool watching the clipped grass fly through those blades of his.  He's a hungry guy and will eat as fast as I can push.  Pushing uphill required some effort, so I think I've found a good replacement for the snow shoveling gym membership.  But I was done with the front yard in less than 1/2 hour and the back didn't take much longer, so I think I'll be happy with this purchase.

For those who have ever wondered what it would be like to use a reel lawnmower here is what I've noticed so far. 

1. They are much quieter than a regular motor powered mower.
2. You can get them with a clipping catcher, which I'm glad I did, considering how long I let the grass get before cutting it this time.
3. 2 sets of wheels are recommended, makes turns so much easier, since you can use the back wheels to move the mower while not turning the cutting blades.

I think this was the right purchase for me, with my small yard.  I'll keep you posted as the summer progresses.

Oh yeah, while outside I noticed that I have a lilac bush in my backyard!  Sadly, the pictures do not do the bush justice. 
I had thought it was a small tree, yes its on the large side.  I was quite thrilled when I recognized the blooms, the backyard is going to smell great!  I also learned that the car eating bush near the driveway is a lilac as well.  I can hardly wait for that one to bloom, so I can let the fragrance into the house.

I was thrilled to see 3 different colors of Tulips in back.  There are a bunch of white ones, a few yellow and one lone fuschia tulip (hard to see in the right side of the picture beyond the bird bath) so far.  Everything is starting to bloom and I'm very excited to see different things popping up each day.  Spring is so cool!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo, no motor. . .human powered? Yikes! I think I am much too lazy for that. Heck!, I am too lazy to use the gas-powered mower. . .that's why I got married. . .so I would never have to mow the grass. . .yeah, that's why I did it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Mr. Cutty! The neighbors in the back with teeny yards use the same type and they say it's a bazillion times easier than using a gas mower. And Lilac bushes are so awesome to have - the neighbor has a ton of lilac bushes and I just love it when the wind blows the right way (ie. into my yard/house).

    ReplyDelete